It’s cold, and baseball feels far away, but spring training is closer than you think. And the Mets want you to remember it is never too early to buy tickets to a game. I’m always looking to help with this effort, and as I did last year I offer my Top Ten marketing slogans. With my usual apologies and lack of compensation.
Top Ten 2014 Mets Marketing Slogans
10. If you are waiting for the playoffs, you might just die.
9. This Chris Young is not better, but he is different.
8. Our first baseman stink, but we have a lot of them.
7. Grow old and fat with Bartolo Colon.
6. Watch Lucas Duda watch good pitches to hit.
5. You never know what hat Jeff will wear to the game!
4. Come see the beautiful chop shops before they are all gone.
3. Frank Francisco is just a phone call away.
2. Come watch young stars Ike Davis and Ruben Tejada!
1. We’ve been worse!