* So I’m reading the paper the other day and I see that the Mets have begun selling individual game tickets already. I thought “good idea.” I have never understood why they would not sell tickets at this time – tickets are a great gift. Then I saw what they are charging for Opening Day. A word to the wise everyone, just write a note to your loved one that you are getting them Met tickets as a gift and wait. Those prices will not hold, just as they did not hold last year.
* Unless I’m not factoring in the “Bixler effect.”
* There are rumors of Scott Hairston going to the Yankees on a two year deal. I love what Hairston did for us last year but I’m fine with this. At the rate Hairston will get paid, there will be no upside and plenty of downside. Of course if he does go to the Yankees, that crazy park might negate everything I just said.
* I keep getting antsy for the Mets to do something, so the pace of the negotiations with Wright and Dickey is killing me. But it is Alderson’s job to get any deals done as best as possible. Until something happens on this front he hasn’t done anything wrong, he’s just doing his job.
* Lastly our tweet of the week. Follow us on Twitter @2Guysmets. https://twitter.com/2guysmets/status/271059163440873472